This poster was going around facebook yesterday and I loved it, so I shared it. Then a few people started commenting on it with their own signs of impending dirt ingestion and I thought it’d be a fun blog post What are your experiences with getting tossed off?
Here, I’ll start with my most recent ones:
- You let your horse walk away from the mounting block before you get your other stirrup thinking “I should really make him stop, that’s a bad habit. Naw, it’s ok, we cool.” We’re not cool.
- You talk about how you should wear your helmet more often (sense has officially been knocked into me, literally)
- Your horse is bunny hopping bucking and you laugh at your horse and then say out loud “If you want me off your back you’re going to have to buck harder than that!” and then laugh some more. Guarnteed dismount. -Stacy
- Your instructor just asked you to demonstrate an extremely basic movement for the novice rider in your class. -Ellen
- You get told the horse has never bucked, reared, or done anything “silly.” -Ellen
(thumbnail photo from pleasurehorse.com)